Monday, March 3, 2008

Great gathering yesterday!!

Hello all:

Yesterday's gathering was fantastic and I am still really excited about the possibilities and potentialities we have before us...music, rhythm, universality--what could be better! The ensemble will meet both March 9th and March 16th in the community room at Unity about 12:15 or so. We will have to take a 2 week break as March 23rd is Easter Sunday and March 30th is the last day our beloved Raymond Shea will speak as the Senior Minister at Unity before he retires. After the service there will be a luncheon so meeting won't be an option. I will be working on the April and May schedules soon and I would love to hear your thoughts as to continuing to meet weekly or if we should move to every other week. Thanks to you all!

Laural

3 comments:

Di Wicks Bustamante said...

I'm still good with weekly meetings for at least a couple more months. Once summer arrives it might be more difficult for some to commit to weekly rehearsals, so maybe then drop to bi-weekly meetings.

Rick said...

Thank you to all of those who attended on the 9th!!! I enjoyed sharing the great Djembe movie, "Djembe Folla." This next practice, on March 16th will be djembe intensive. Practice up and we will work on a great rhythm called "Djelidon Lamban." I look forward to seeing you all on the
16th. Thanks,Rick.

Kathy said...

As we approach April, I would prefer to do it every 2 weeks.
Thanks,
Kathy